This article describes how the search system in the Flashpoint Launcher works.
- Flashpoint uses docopt parsing:
- A search query can contain any number of phrases (
tag:Arcade platform:Flash jump run)
- Phrases containing spaces must be wrapped in quotes or will count as separate parameters (
- Searches are not case sensitive, can have incomplete names (except tags) and a name backwards (both
nana cr and
CRASH NANACA will find NANACA†CRASH!!)
- Phrases without metadata prefixes are matched against a curation's Title, Alternate Titles, Developer and Publisher. The phrase only has to match one of these fields for the game to be included.
- Searches inside playlists do not currently work.
activeDataOnDisk: are special cases since their values are boolean; for example,
broken: without a phrase will display games that are not broken in Infinity while
broken:1 (or any other phrase) will search the opposite. You still must enable broken in Infinity (for Infinity users) games in the Launcher to see these.
activeDataOnDisk: can be used to filter by GameZIPs.
- In 9.0 and prior,
extreme: was a boolean value for extreme games; You still must enable extreme games in the Launcher to see these. There is no current replacement.
||Excludes a parameter from the search when used before other prefixes.
||The field that matches the phrase must be false or empty.
missing: have the same purpose.
||The field that matches the phrase must be true or not empty.
is: has the same purpose.