Not Accepted Curations
These are games/animations not allowed in Flashpoint for any reason. You can make an effort to get them working in Flashpoint if you want, but you may not request or submit them.
- Games/animations that are still on sale, we will not distribute currently paid content. (Don't forget that some games start in web browsers for free then get paid versions later, the web browser version would be allowed in Flashpoint in this case; be sure to check the history before you archive.)
- Games that require a server and have zero single player content. The amount of work it takes to preserve these is too high relative to what else we can be working on.
- Any outright emulation of a commercial game (Such as a swf of Contra which contains the Contra ROM image). Ports of games are absolutely fine, but games that are a ROM wrapped in an emulator are not allowed unless they contain only non-commercial games and/or allow you to load your own.
- While not emulation, fan remakes/conversions of Nintendo projects like Full Screen Mario are too risky to add if they were taken down by Nintendo. Not all remakes/conversions are risky though, if you are unsure just ask in #curators.
- Videos embedded in SWF files:
- If the SWF has nothing on it other than it requiring a separate FLV to run the SWF file properly (and if the FLV works perfectly fine on VLC), then it won't be allowed on Flashpoint and it should rather be uploaded through Archive.org
- If it use any Flash elements like ui, special effects, loop etc., it can be curated.
- This means that your curation can't be only a video embedded in a SWF.
- Games, animations and websites that use video are allowed, and you should include the video files and/or SWFs containing video in the curation.
- Games/animations with cub, shotacon or lolicon content.
- The following are not allowed at developer request:
- Any game from XForm Games
- Windows 93
- Dragon Ball Devolution, and other games from www.txori.com
- Any game developed by Nitrome
- Flash Flash Revolution
- Any game developed by Farrago Fiction
- Any game/animation developed by Anonymous-Frog
- Cookie Clicker
It should go without saying that blatantly illegal games/animations are not allowed, either.